Friday 10 August 2007

Abi: Victoria Sponge






I had the day off when Abi made this one but popped in to sample the goods (all in the interests of keeping the blog up to date).

The first three things that I was told (after enquiring after the cake) were:

- "It's really good"
- "I scoffed three pieces"
- "Yeah, me too"

And I had to look quite hard to find a slice to sample. In the end, I found a bit which looked like it had been saved from the cake scavengers. A slice of cake should look like a thin triangle, but the pointy end had been cut off this piece (and eaten) so it was more of a trapezoid. Didn't stop it tasting bloody good though.

It was quite a nice change from a lot of the rich cakes we've had so far on cake friday. The sponge was light and the cream and berry filling was perfectly summery. I sort of felt like I should be having a glass of champagne with it for some reason. It was that sort of cake (and that sort of lovely, summer's day).

Another cake winner.
I'm liking the photography as well, courtesy of Lizel. Maybe all bakers should have photos of themselves next to their creations?

No comments: